- 2 trout, gutted and cleaned, heads and tails removed
- 25g flaked almonds, toasted
- 2 oranges
- 2 tablespoons butter
- baby carrots
- 3 potatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 easpoon honey
- Preheat oven to 190°C.
- Cut each potato in half lengthwise. Cut each half, lengthwise, into 4 equally sized wedges. Add the potato wedges to a large mixing bowl with the salt and pepper. Mix well and bake about 30 min.
- Line a sheet pan with foil. Place the potato wedges, skin side down, on the foil. Be sure to space evenly, so they cook uniformly. Bake for 35 minutes, or until well browned, crusty edged, and tender. Serve immediately, sprinkled with more salt if desired.
- Squeeze the juice of 1/2 an orange and pour over the fish, reserve the other 1/2 of the orange for garnish. Sprinkle with the salt and pepper. Place the butter on each fish and cook in the oven for 20 minutes or until the flesh is tender.
- Peel and slice 1 remaining orange, blend with the honey in a small pan, add baby carrots and bring to the boil and stir until thickened.
- Serve each fish garnished with a sprinkling of flaked almonds and twists of orange cut from the remaining fruit with baked potatoes and sweet glazed carrots.