For the crepe batter:
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup flour
- pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon butter melted or oil
For the filling:
- 1/2 kg potatoes, boiled without their jackets
- 2 tablespoons finely minced onion sauteed in 1 tablespoon butter
- 250 g ricotta cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh chives
- Heat lightly oiled cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- Pour batter, 1/4 cup at a time, into the warm skillet. Spread the batter out until it covers the entire bottom of the pan. Heat for about 1/2-1 min. Using a spatula and flip the crepe and repeat on the second side.
- Remove finished crepe from the skillet and stack on a plate.
- Continue with this process until the batter is completely gone.
- Peel potatoes and fork blend or rice them.
- Mix with onion and cheese.
- Season to taste and mix well.
- Fill one crepe at a time by taking a spoonful of potato mixture and placing it in the center of the crepe.
- Fold each side of the crepe over the filling to make a cylinder that is firm but not tight.
- Sprinkle with chopped chives and eat.