- 12 pasta shells, cooked 12 min (al dente)
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3-4 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- more Parmesan cheese, grated for topping
- In a large skillet cook onion in oil over medium heat 3 min. Add mushrooms and cook for another 5 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool for few minutes.
- Stuff shells with mushroom mixture. Place shells in baking dish. Set aside while you prepare sauce.
- In a large heavy pot, heat milk, parmesan and ricotta. Cook this for 3-4 minutes. Add salt and pepper. Mix to combine and take off of heat.
- Pour cheese sauce over shells. Top with extra grated Parmesan.
- Bake at 200º C for 25 minutes.