- 1 cup oil (or butter, melted)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- Heat oven to 160C.
- Beat together oil and 1 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time and beating well after each addition.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the oil mixture with the milk, starting and ending with flour mixture. Beat until well blended.
- Spread batter evenly into prepared pan.
- Bake 70 – 90 minutes or until toothpick tests with a few crumbs clinging to it.
- Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Then invert onto wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine confectioners’ sugar and milk until there are smooth.
- Drizzle over entire cake. Sprinkle with nuts.