For a sweet treat!
- 500g all-purpose flour
- 8g packet active dry yeast
- 1 cup of warm milk
- 50g brown sugar
- 70g butter, softened to room temperature
- pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 2 yolks
- 2 tablespoon butter, melted
- 4 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 0,5 cup of powder sugar
- In a bowl, dissolve the yeast in the milk with 1 teaspoon sugar and let it foam up for a 10 minutes.
- Blend in the rest of sugar, butter, salt and egg.
- Stir in 500g of the flour.
- Beat for 2 minutes until you have a soft, workable dough.
- Dump the dough out onto a lightly floured board and knead until smooth, about 5 to 10 minutes, adding more flour if needed to prevent sticking. Place in a lightly oiled mixing bowl large enough to accommodate dough when doubled in size.
- Meanwhile, prepare the filling: in a small bowl, combine the brown sugar with cinnamon.
- When dough has risen and doubled in size, punch it down and turn it out onto a lightly floured board, kneading just enough to release any air bubbles.
- Roll the dough into a rectangle.
- Crumble the filling over the dough to within 2 cm of the edges.
- Starting along a long side, tightly roll up the dough, pinching edge against loaf to seal. With a sharp knife, cut 1-2cm slices.
- Preheat oven to 180° C. Bake wreath until lightly browned, about 20 minutes.
- When wreath is done, transfer to a cooling rack with wide spatulas or a pizza peel.
- Cool for a few minutes then drizzle the glaze over the warm wreath.