- 300g all-purpose flour
- 15g packet active dry yeast
- 100ml warm milk
- 35g sugar
- 50g butter, softened to room temperature
- pinch of salt
- 1 egg
For the Cherry-Cinnamon Filling:
- 100ml cherry jam
- 3 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2-3 teaspoon brown sugar
- In a bowl, dissolve the yeast in the milk with 1 teaspoon sugar and let it foam up for a 10 minutes. Blend in the rest of sugar, butter, salt and egg. Stir in 300 g of the flour. Beat for 2 minutes until you have a soft, workable dough.
- Dump the dough out onto a lightly floured board and knead until smooth, about 5 to 10 minutes, adding more flour if needed to prevent sticking. Place in a lightly oiled mixing bowl large enough to accommodate dough when doubled in size. Cover with plastic wrap and let it rise in a warm place until doubled (about 1 1/2 hours).
- Meanwhile, prepare the filling: in a small bowl, combine the cherry jam with cinnamon and brown sugar.
- When dough has risen and doubled in size, punch it down and turn it out onto a lightly floured board, kneading just enough to release any air bubbles. Roll the dough into a rectangle. Crumble the filling over the dough to within 2 cm of the edges.
- Starting along a long side, tightly roll up the dough, pinching edge against loaf to seal. With a sharp knife, cut roll in half lengthwise, carefully turn cut sides up, and loosely twist ropes around each other, keeping cut sides up.
- Carefully transfer the wreath to a greased and floured baking sheet and shape into a wreath, pinching ends together to seal. Let it rise, uncovered, in a warm place until puffy, about 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 170° C. Bake wreath until lightly browned, about 25 minutes.
- When wreath is done, transfer to a cooling rack with wide spatulas or a pizza peel. Cool for a few minutes then drizzle the glaze over the warm wreath. Serve sliced.