A light chocolate sponge with a rich chocolate ganache centre
- 100 g dark chocolate, broken into cubes
- 1/2 cup butter + 2 tablesppon butter
- 100 g flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 yolks
- 3/4 golden caster sugar
- 1-2tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven 180 C.
- Melt the chocolate and 1/2 cup butter in a bowl. Leave to cool, stirring occasionally, until smooth but still liquid.
- Melt 2 tbsp butter and use to grease 2-4 individual pudding moulds. Dust with the cocoa powder and chill until needed.
- Put the eggs and sugar in a large mixing bowl and beat with an electric whisk until fluffy.
- Sift in the flour and gently fold it into the egg mixture using a large metal spoon or spatula. Fold in the cooled chocolate mixture.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the prepared moulds.
- Cook for 10 minutes, or until risen, with a set crust on the top.
- Remove from the oven and leave to stand for 1 minute.
- Carefully turn the puddings out onto plates and serve with sugar.