- cod or hallibut, cut into 4 portions
- 1/4 cup sliced almond flakes
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 orange
- 200g cranberries
- 100g light muscovado sugar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Season cod with salt & pepper
- Heat pan with a tablespoon of olive oil. Sear fish in pan, then add almond flakes and cook until almonds are browned.
- Goes great with cranberry sauce:
- Squeeze 1 orange and put the juice in a pan with the cranberries, sugar and vinegar.
- Cook for 5 mins until the cranberries start to soften and burst.