- 12 medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 orange, halved crosswise
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Squeeze the juice from half of the orange into a large bowl, and then stir in the olive oil and salt to taste. Toss the shrimp to coat, and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut the remaining orange into slices, and then cut each slice into fourths.
- In a saucepan, pour the balsamic vinegar and heat it over low heat. Add orange juice amd let the mixture come to a boil for 1-2 minutes until the sauce reduces. Remove the sauce from heat.
- Preheat a grill to medium high.
- Thread shrimp onto skewers, alternating with orange.
- Grill the skewers, turning once, until charred on both sides and just cooked through, about 4 minutes total.
- Drizzle with balsamic sauce.