- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh basil or spinach
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- grissini sticks
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat, until shimmering. Add onion, garlic and cook until tender, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and stir in the brown sugar.
- Season with salt, and pepper, to taste.
- Cook on low for 15 minutes.
- Use an immersion blender to blend the soup.
- Serve warm with grissini. Decorate with yogurt and fresh herbs.