This is a simple and quick recipe that will make your guests feel like you spent hours preparing this. It not only looks great but tastes great as well. These are perfect for any time and kids love them too!
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, finely grated
- 2 cups fresh tomatoes
- 1/4 cup oregano, basil, parsley or dill leaves
- 1 chopped garlic clove
- salt and black pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Best part is, it’s extremaly easy! First, layer a pan with a olive oil, then sprinkled shredded cheddar cheese onto the pan in a small mound.
- Put the pan into the oven on 180C until the cheese was melted.
- Cool about 30 sec., and then use a spatula to take the flat mound of warm cheese and mold it onto inverted votive candle holders.
- For the Salsa: cut tomatoes into cubes, mix with herbs, garlic, salt to taste, black pepper and lemon juice together and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Gently spoon salsa into the cups and enjoy!