- 3 beets
- 250 g mascarpone
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups flour, divided
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 4 fresh rosemary sprigs
- poppy seeds
- 2 tablespoons butter
- fresh arugula
- Wrap the beets in foil. Bake beets at 220C, 45 minutes to an hour until tender, peel and grate.
- Place beets in a bowl and stir in mascarpone cheese, egg, salt and pepper. Mix in 1 cup of the flour.
- Scoop dough into rounds and transfer to bowl with flour. Then with the tinges of a fork, press down into the dough and then transfer to baking sheet. Do this in batches. (Gnocchi can be prepared 6 hours ahead. Cover and refrigerate).
- Melt butter with in a large skillet over medium heat. Working in batches, cook gnocchi in large pot of simmering salted water until gnocchi float to the surface, about 2 minutes. Continue to cook 1 minutes longer.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer gnocchi to skillet with butter.
- At this point you can transfer the gnocchi to a plate and sprinkle with poppy seeds.