- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup stewia powder or 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or lemon extract
- Whisk the egg whites to soft peaks. While continuously whisking, slowly add the stewia powder or caster sugar. Still whisking until you have a stiff, glossy meringue mixture.
- Whisk in the vanilla extract until combined.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper. Using a decorating bag and place hearts of meringue on the baking paper.
- Preheat the oven to 100°C and bake meringue for 1 -2 hours.
- Peel off the baking paper, then transfer the meringues to a wire rack to cool, or leave the crisp ones in the turned-off oven for at least 4 hours to cool slowly, then transfer to a wire rack.