These flavorful, rich, chocolaty cupcakes will be great for any occasion.
- 2 cup flour
- 3/4-1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoon cocoa
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 80 g melted butter
- 100g dark chocolate, melted
- Mix dry and wet ingredients separately, then stir just until combined.
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Line a 12-cup muffin tin with cupcake papers , fill each cup 2/3 full with batter.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center of one of the cupcakes comes out clean.
Mascarpone cheese cocoa frosting
- 50 g unsalted butter, softened
- 250 g mascarpone cheese, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 350 g confectioner’s sugar
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- Beat the butter and mascarpone cheese together until fluffy.
- Add the vanilla extract, cocoa and the sugar incrementally, until fully incorporated.