Angel Wings – Polish cookies, also known as Faworki or Chrust. These light fried pastry cookies will be a favorite of your family.
RECIPE (60 cookies)
- 2 egg yolks
- 100 g yogurt
- 200 g flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 shot, 50 ml of brandy, vodka or whiskey
- oil for frying confectioner’s sugar for dusting
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat egg yolks and salt until fluffy. Slowly beat in the powdered sugar and alcohol of choice.
- Add flour and mix. The dough should be thick.
- On a floured surface, use a rolling pin to roll the dough out very thin.
- Cut the rolled out dough into strips about 1 cm wide. Then cut the other way on a diagonal to make pieces of dough that are about 10 cm. Take your knife and cut a small slit (2-3 cm) in the center of each piece.
- To form the cookie, take one end and place it through the slit.
- Pull the end of the dough through the slit to form a bow shaped cookie .
- In a deep skillet heat oil until very hot.
- Fry the cookies in small batches for about 30 seconds then use tongs to gently turn the cookies over. The cookies should just be barely golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Dust liberally with confectioner’s sugar.
- Store cool cookies in an airtight container for a few days.
My first video here:
Do you like it? Thanks for watching!