RECIPE (from simplyrecipes.com)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3/4 cups walnuts, finely chopped
- 3-4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 50g butter (at room temperature)
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar, to coat
- Preheat the oven to 150°C and prepare a large cookie sheet.
- Mix flour, walnuts, salt and sugar in a large bowl. Add the vanilla extract. Add the butter in little pieces, and combine everything together with your hands until the mixture looks like a coarse meal with nut bits in it.
- Form the dough into small balls no larger than a walnut and place on the cookie sheet, spaced at least an inch apart from each other.
- Bake for 30 minutes. When they are still warm, but cool enough to touch, roll the cookies in some powdered sugar.
- Set aside on a rack to cool completely.
- When cool, dust again in powdered sugar.