- 225 g flour
- 100 butter
- 1 yolk
- 1,5 teaspoon gingerbread spice
- vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoon honey
- Combine together flour, baking soda, gingerbread spice. Set it aside.
- Cream butter and honey together until light in color and fluffy.
- Add egg’s yolk and beat until smooth. Then add vanilla extracts.
- Gradually fold in the flour mixture to form a smooth dough. Refrigerate the dough for at least 1 hour.
- When you are ready to bake, preheat oven to 160°C, and line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Roll dough to about 1/4 inch thick on a lightly floured surface.
- Using your favorite cookie cutters, cut out shapes and transfer them to prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake them for about 8 minutes or just until they are slightly colored around the edges.
- Allow cookies to cool on cookie sheets for about 2 minutes before transferring them to wire racks to cool completely.