- 1 whole trout, scaled and gutted
- few sprigs of thyme
- 1 lemon
- 1 lime
- sea salt
- black pepper
- 3 tbsps lemon/lime juice infused olive oil
- arugula leaves
- almond flakes
- Preheat oven to 200° C.
- Give the trout a good rinse and pat dry with paper towels. Using a mortar and pestle, grind the thyme leaves with 1 tsp sea salt, black pepper and the olive oil with lime and lemon juice until it becomes a fragrant paste. Rub this mixture all over the trout, covering the skin and inside the belly.
- Cut lemons and lime in slices and stuff these into the belly of the trout with the thyme.
- The trout is cooked properly when the meat is easily pulled away from the bone at the thickest part of the fish. The skin should be crispy and the roasted lemons should take on a marmalade characteristic.
- Serve the trout with the lemon and lime and vinaigrette dressing, which you can squeeze on to the fish. I served my fish with fresh arugula leaves.