- sponge biscuits
- fresh raspberries, to garnish
- 100 g white chocolate
- 1 teaspoon unflavoured gelatin
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 250 ml heavy cream, 30%, cold, divided
- Prepare an ice-water bath and place chocolate in a large heatproof bowl set over a pan of just simmering water. Stir until chocolate is melted. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle gelatine over water in a small bowl, set-aside to bloom, about 5 minutes.
- In a small saucepan bring 1/3 cream just to the boil over medium heat. Remove from heat, add bloomed gelatine and stir until gelatine is dissolved.
- Pour cream mixture into chocolate mixture and stir until smooth and well combined.
- Place bowl of chocolate mixture over prepared ice-water bath. Chill, stirring occasionally, until mixture is thick enough to fall from a spoon in ribbons.
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with the whip attachment, beat the remaining cream over high speed to soft peak.
- Using large, flexible spatula fold whipped cream, one-third at-a-time, into chocolate mixture.
- Cut the biscuits into half and arrange them in a circle.
- Transfer white chocolate mousse and place to refrigerator, chill until set.
- Garnish with fresh raspberries.